Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Season of Poison

I have had November 4th marked on my calendar for the past couple of months. Not because of the presidential elections, but because it’s that day that Shiny Toy Guns released their new album Season of Poison. However, if you are a diehard McCain supporter, you may be considering this the Season of Poison.

I got up a little earlier this morning to download the album from iTunes, but had some technical issues. I ended up buying the album on my way to work., and thoroughly enjoyed listening to album during my commute today.

Season of Poison features new female vocalist Sisely Treasure, who replaced Carah Faye Charnow. Other than a different vocalist, Shiny Toy Guns continues to produce great melodic and at times, hard-hitting, music. The tracks on the album vary in intensity. The hard hitting tracks are When Did This Storm Begin, Ghost Town, and Richochet?. The track Blown Away is something that I was not expecting, as there is quite an expansive organ piece that leads into it. My favorite track is Frozen Oceans, check it out on their MySpace page. Some of the other tracks made me ask the question, “Did Howard Jones help write this song?” I had to check the album jacket to verify that he didn’t.

If you ever have the opportunity to see Shiny Toy Guns live, I would recommend going. They put on a great show.

No comments: